Many people these days have of heard of Affiliate Marketing, but are not 100% sure what it means.
Here’s a quick explanation.
Affiliate Marketing is a performance-based business model that rewards clients for driving consumer traffic to a particular product or service; in essence, the affiliate marketer earns revenue by driving consumer traffic to a specific product and/or service.
For example if you have a gardening website that has has blog or content relating to gardening. You may be able to link users to products/books/information/videos etc. that relate to your website. If users purchase any of these you make a commission (These do not have to be your own products)
There are products in almost every niche from pets, weight loss, personal development, technology, sport, travel and almost any area you can imagine. These may include physical products, e-books, how to videos or basically anything that can be sold on the internet.
There are hundreds of thousands of things which have an affiliate program associated with them.
This is where the potential with Affiliate Marketing exists, especially considering the massive amount of people using the internet. Also the wide variety of products and services that can be purchased over the internet is always increasing
There are some people who have made a very large income out of affiliate marketing, and others who have tried but not been able to make a cent. The earning potential as an affiliate marketer can vary from person to person.
One of the biggest misconceptions made about being an affiliate marketer is that it is “easy” money. The mistake many people go into affiliate marketing is treating like a “get rich quick scheme” rather than a business.
If you have read any of my previous posts I encourage people to undertake in training and education in affiliate marketing to develop the skills and knowledge to SUCCEED. Learn from the experts. Many have set up programs to assist and teach others.
Like any field your success with be reflective of your competence, strategy, knowledge and work ethic. Refer to some of my other post within this website to get more information regarding this topic.
What most people don’t realise is that you do not have to be a computer expert to get into the field of affiliate marketing. There is a certain level of computer skills you need to learn, but it is not as complex as many people imagine.
There is no question a large POTENTIAL with Affiliate Marketing if you are willing to approach it in the right manner and with a good business sense.
Now that we have a fundamental understanding of what being an affiliate marketer involves let’s look into the pro’s and con’s in a bit more depth.
Benefits of Affiliate Marketing.
- Anyone can become involved with affiliate marketing
- Individuals are not required to create the product or service, only drive consumer traffic.
- The potential of earning an excellent online income, provided you’re willing to put in the effort.
- You do not have to warehouse any inventory or ship products to consumers.
- Work from home or anywhere you have internet connection.
- High volume of traffic and potential customers using the internet.
- Create more freedom in your work life.
- Ability to earn on auto pilot.
Obstacles with Affiliate Marketing.
- It can take a time to generate enough traffic to make a sizeable online income.
- Certain affiliate programs may be overly competitive, making it that much harder to turn a profit.
- Need access to computer and internet.
- No guarantee’s with income.
- Cost’s of setting up a business.
BECOMING A SUCCESSFUL AFFILIATE MARKETER
Being an affiliate marketer has proven to be very lucrative for many people, and you could be next, provided you’re willing to learn as much as you can and make a concerted effort to generate revenue for not only yourself but also your merchants. Here are a few tips that will hopefully aid you in your journey towards becoming a successful affiliate marketer:
Choose quality affiliate products that you, yourself can stand by; after all, if a product/service that you promote is of poor quality or efficient, it can be a reflection on you.
- Research the terms and agreements for prospective merchants as this will ensure that their program aligns with your goals as an affiliate marketer.
- If you have a blog or a website, consider working with merchants whose products/services complement your brand.
- It is always a good practice to be completely transparent; inform prospective consumers of your affiliate relationship with the merchant.
- Leverage the power of SEO and social media to drive consumer traffic; after all, this is very much a numbers game, and the more sales made from your links/promotions, the more online income you can earn in this digital business.
Affiliate Marketing is still in it’s infancy and provides a lot of potential in the future. The skills of creating a digital business can set you up very well. Not only as an excellent income source, however the skills and knowledge will continue to be sought after by many companies and business trying to improve in the area of technology, marketing and promotion.
As more products become available on the internet the demand for digital marketers increases.